Managing Director Metroplan Engineering GmbH
+49 (0) 40 2000 07 - 44
Sustainable building designs which are geared to logistical needs have to be planned from the ‘inside out’.
Systematic planning that thoroughly examines use-specific requirements is vital for a needs-based and future-oriented logistics site and building design. Logistics processes and material flow set the pace and form the basis for sustainable building designs which can flexibly react to future logistical requirements. This is equally true for restructuring, conversions or new builds.
Metroplan - Approach and methodology
Our interdisciplinary approach to logistics planning and building design takes into account dependencies early on, allowing us to identify key factors that affect the overall system. Alongside the logistics concept, we figure out spatial dimensions for each subsystem. The aim is to find the optimal economic and logistical solution as part of the logistics site planning process. The associated construction planning is iteratively developed and compared with logistics planning. The fundamental uses are recorded and structured. The result is an assessable spatial and functional programme which takes into account building regulations and location-specific criteria.
Different variations of building designs are created. The preferred concept contains the initial rough costs. The concept then contains all the logistic conditions, shows the feasibility in a transparent way and is the basis for further plans.
Planning from the inside outwards guarantees a structurally and economically balanced design and takes into account:
- The different requirements of different user groups
- Specific requirements for logistics and warehouse planning
- Future-oriented logistics system performance requirements
- Implementation of optimal production planning in the building design through integrated systematic planning with logistics and building plans
- Avoidance of interface problems and planning gaps through standardised planning processes and special tools