Managing Director Metroplan Engineering GmbH
+49 (0) 40 2000 07 - 44
The right suppliers are chosen through an intensively competitive process. All suppliers and offers are technically and qualitatively checked.
The tendering process significantly affects the course of the project. The scope of supply and services are defined in the invitation to tender. In addition to technical and procedural requirements, the method of project implementation is also laid down on a binding basis. The execution conditions (e.g. qualities, availability model, test procedures and commissioning methods) are laid out so that all involved parties know what acceptance requirements they must meet.
We use different methods for tendering and contract approval which are individually tailored to the client’s project. This limits project risk as much as possible. We evaluate suppliers and offers in advance, taking into account technological, organisational and commercial issues.
Metroplan - Approach and methodology
The tendering method depends on the project and is agreed upon together with the client. This is usually done in the form of functional general contractor tendering, bulk trade tendering or in cooperation with the supplier, e.g. within a guided engineering process. The tendering process includes the project-specific logistics systems, logistical processes and material flow technologies, according to our established standards. Once suitable suppliers have been selected, they receive a relevant briefing and draw up their respective offers. In recent decades, it has proved useful to follow this process closely. An intensive clarification and optimisation phase begins once the first offers have been submitted. Price negotiation only begins once the offered scope of supply and services has been completely clarified with all parties. Metroplan supports these negotiations through to the final contract awarding process.
- All aspects relevant to the project are considered using standardised, continuously developed awarding methods
- The tender documents relate to all aspects of implementation. This allows for the future use of powerful tools to check implementation
- Suitable suppliers are found for the defined project scope
- Objective comparison of offers and suppliers as regards technical, organisational and commercial concerns allows for transparent assessment
- The tendering process is adapted to the respective task; this optimises award periods and project times
- Transparent price comparison of offers and expected investment volumes in line with the Metroplan price database
Managing Director Metroplan Logistics Management GmbH
+49 (0) 40 2000 07 - 33