Optimisation | Production network
Mechanical & plant eng.
about 800 employees
Our customer is a manufacturer and distributor of access products, fall protection equipment and secure storage systems – in 2018 the company acquired a global market player with three production sites in Europe.
The aim of the project was to analyse opportunities of consolidation of the ladder and tower production within the European production network (production footprint):
- Analyse direct labour and transport costs per SKU for different production sites
- Building several scenarios for product groups. Based on scenarios defining different production footprints
- Investigation of indirect and overhead costs for defined footprints
- Evaluate future space requirements for each footprint
- Perform a sensitivity analysis for main factors of influence (exchange rates, transport costs)
- Determine relocation costs for final production footprint