Network study | Mechanical engineering
Mechanical & plant eng.
about 4,000 employees
cost-efficient logistics network
Our Customer is an internationally successful corporation in the field of metal forming. The owner-operated company is headquartered in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Verification of the European warehouse network along with designing of a cost-efficient logistics network in consideration of the service level:
- Collecting transport and warehouse data
- Analysis of distribution structures
- Software based simulation of inbound and outbound transportation costs (incl. intercompany transports)
- Approximated dimensioning of involved warehouses to estimate yearly cost for staff, building and equipment
- Simulation of the warehouse costs in every simulation scenario
- Aggregation of the transportation and warehouse costs and evaluation of the resulting service levels
- Evaluation of future e-commerce logistics costs linked with warehouse operation