Basic concept development
The international company produces and distributes medical and care products. The annual turnover achieved worldwide was approx. 2,1 billion euros in 2019.
Design and evaluation of basic technological concepts for the logistics of trading and finished goods for a site in Southern Germany.
- Determination of scenarios for the logistical functions of the existing warehouse locations
- Definition of concepts regarding possible technologies and processes for storage, picking, palletizing and dispatch.
- Design and conception of automated palletizing, storage and material flow systems
- Estimation of required investments and operational costs of the concepts in comparison to the as-is costs
- Creation of a business case as a basis for decisions on how to proceed