Managing Director Metroplan Engineering GmbH
+49 (0) 40 2000 07 - 44
Planning and equipping a logistics centre
- 8,750 m² external spaces, refurbishment of roads and new loading area
- 4,295 m² logistics buildings
- 1,055 m² QA / analysis areas
2009 / 2014-2016 (still under construction)
Bell Flavors & Fragrances is a leading manufacturer of flavourings and fragrances, plant extracts and speciality ingredients for the food and beverage industry, as well as for the cosmetics, household and personal care industry. To meet Bell’s ever-growing logistical needs, Bell decided to construct a logistics centre directly next to the existing production site at the Leipzig Miltitz location.
Planning and equipping a logistics centre with additional functionality for quality assurance (analysis areas) and social areas. Connection to the production site via a bridge.
- Creation of the logistics concept for the logistics centre
- Design and realisation of the storage areas for finished goods and raw materials, special areas for hazardous substances (storage category 3, flammable liquids) and drug storage, processing areas and offices for warehouse administration.
- Refurbishment of the access road and creation of a loading area
- General planning for the overall concept with functional tendering and implementation in the GC method
- Implementation control