Designing an efficient logistics system goes far beyond the material flow between individual production areas and the material networking of workspaces and machinery.
Production logistics work as a link between procurement logistics and distribution logistics. You must always ensure delivery capability, optimally link a production and logistics system and develop logistics-oriented material flow structures. This is an enormous challenge with diminishing lot sizes, shorter throughput times, keeping the lowest inventory or possibly even having a stockless process with low handling costs.
The scope of services that come under production logistics include logistics processes at a plant level between the individual buildings and facilities, as well as planning processes within the respective areas. We support you in designing all the logistical functions that are required to conduct production tasks. All logistics processes, from receipt of goods to storage, commissioning and provision, through to packaging and shipping will be optimised into a holistic, integrated system.
Metroplan - Approach and methodology
- Material flow analyses, including the recording and calculation of transport costs between all functional areas, as well as between production units
- Inventory analysis and development of storage strategies
- Preparation and presentation of the material flow system and processing stations
- Analysis of storage, buffer and transport systems and their comparison
- Creation of specifications, issuing tenders and awarding contracts
- Integration of the upstream and downstream service providers from suppliers and customers
- Support throughout the implementation phase, conducting of training and tests
This holistic approach is firmly anchored in our thinking, planning and actions:
- Optimal and economical storage and transport technology for the developed production concept
- Comprehensible solution on the basis of complete data
- Comparison of make-or-buy decisions