Managing Director Metroplan Production Management GmbH
+49 (0) 40 2000 07 - 68
Metroplan offers all the relevant planning and implementation services related to the construction, expansion and optimisation of factories. We use proven methods and reliable tools. We identify planning objectives, research solution options and compare them with corporate expectations. By laying out the framework for the project, you also create the foundation for successful planning.
In new-builds or expansions, we take over the planning of the relevant area, from the definition of planning foundation through to the dimensioning, layout planning and construction. In addition to production and production logistics (refer to Integrated production and logistics conception.), all support processes, as well as staffing and offices, are part of the planning process. As general planners, we can either take over the construction with our own architects or use external construction and specialist planners.
Metroplan - Approach and methodology
- Analyse the current situation and develop a basis for planning
- Structuring and dimensioning of machines, facilities and production logistics
- Determining spatial, staff, energy and media requirements
- Planning of lean concepts for production and production logistics
- Choosing strategies for production management (push-pull principle)
- Defining supply concepts (JIT/JIS, Kanban, supermarkets)
- Layout planning of the area and factory as an ideal and real layout
- Integration planning across all subsystems and subsections in the factory
- Determining the need for investment and the profitability analysis
- Creating specifications and calls for tender
- Comparison of bids and assistance in awarding contracts
- Monitoring performance of suppliers and implementation companies
- Implementation checks for equipment, construction and building technology
- Planning, managing and checking of plant relocation and moves
Factory planning projects are unique. Our years of experience have taught us that every project is new and exciting. The wide variety of project objectives and tasks mean there might not be a ready-made plan to suit. Metroplan uses experience gained from various projects for different customers and industries. The result:
- Factory planning from a single source: synergetic and complete
- Factory planning with a system: Methodology and experience
- Stronger together: Factory planning as part of a team with the client
Whether an existing factory needs reorganisation or modification, or there is a pending expansion or a new construction on a greenfield site: The Metroplan team will ensure the success of the project. The team is rounded off by our own architects who have years of experience in industrial construction. This means we always keep the focus on the process, equipment and layout planning.
- We completely take over project organisation and project management. This means our clients remain involved but have as little stress from everyday operations as possible.
- We support the overall process in clearly defined phases with defined processing depth, proven instruments and structured results.
- As a general planner, we transfer the examination results to a dedicated master plan that is binding for all those involved. We evaluate the necessary construction measures and control the development with all the specialists.